Friday 28 August 2015

Trying not to be annoyed

A very quick car park field visit before a day out with the family and I was speechless to find 2 digi scopers 40-50 feet from the fence line frequented by the Redstarts.

I am always in two minds about whether I say anything and what I might say, feeling rather grumpy I said nothing to them directly.

My sentiments are clear, if the bird remains hidden you are too darn close and therefore preventing it from feeding AND depriving other bird watchers from seeing it.

If this happens again, which is highly likely I may not be so muted and despite it being a country park and for that reason folks can argue that they can stand where they want, sure you can stand anywhere, but where are you going to stand if I chose not to share my finds.

I expect it wasn't even people who are kind enough to read my blog, but if you do and see people doing this, please find a nice way of saying "stay back and put the birds welfare first", I really don't want to lose my cool and shout at people, but if I feel I have to I will.

During my brief 35 minute visit I had 2 Kestrel, 1 Hobby, Sparrowhawk, Red Kite and Buzzard. I heard from Brian that all the Spotted Flycatchers had gone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment