Sunday 30 August 2015

Breaking records

Out at 08:15 I went to the car park first, with the gates locked I couldn't get proper views into the compound, so didn't find any Spotted Flycatchers. Little happening on BSL.

In the car park field, I heard Redstart, but it took 3/4's of an hour to see a male, which then showed well. Quite a few Blackcap, then a Garden Warbler, then a Whitethroat, then a Lesser Whitethroat showed in the dog rose.




Taking a look over the landfill, 2 groups of 7 & 6 Shoveler went over, another Whitethroat out on the Hawthorns. Brian texted with news of a Wheatear, but it went out of view so I stayed where I was, finding it out on a vent.

Back to view the Redstart and I couldn't help but take a few more shots, this one being the best...still not great.


Adding Wheatear and Lesser Whitethroat to the August list puts the park on 102, one day to go to find a Whinchat, keep em peeled folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment