Saturday 15 August 2015

Black Tern repeat

I was out around 07:15, checking BSL where I found nothing, a quick loop around the car park and again nothing, but I thought I heard Raven off to the East.

Off to LFGP and the first thing I saw was a juvenile Black Tern constantly on the move, up and down the lake. In the SW corner 4 Green Sandpiper, 1 Common Sandpiper, 3 Little Egret and the usual Lapwing flock.

I heard heavy earth moving equipment off to the North so went to investigate, 100 yards before the bailey bridge on the other side of the river, diggers were clearing the top soil and making large mounds. I know this is in preparation for depositing of mulched wood from the development, but I wasn't expecting it now.

I had recently enquired why the landscaping to make the nature reserve area as would best benefit the wildlife could not go ahead for some time yet. For those who don't know, it is because it was agreed that not until the 300th house was completed, that they would start the landscaping.

I will be making further enquiries as to why when the equipment is now there, that the conservation work cannot begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment