Thursday 27 August 2015

Getting busy

It was after 09:00 before I got out today, I went to check on the Spotted Flycatchers and sure enough they were still there, except that now there were at least 5, another bird flitting back into the trees may have been one as well.

Over BSL were about 30 House Martin and 1 Swift, my first in ages.

Back to the car park field and I picked up plenty of Blackcap, Chiffchaff and a Garden Warbler, then 2 Redstart, one was either the same 1st winter male as Tuesday's, or a different one, the other bird was a stunning adult male. 






Steve texted to say Water Rail from Bittern hide, so we have now hit 100 species in August for the first time ever.

Then Steve and Richard appeared and stood with me in the car park, what may have been Spotted Flycatcher number 6 landed on the wires for a few moments before heading towards the sailing club compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment