Tuesday 21 April 2015

Terns & Gulls

Geoff texted to say a possible Arctic on BSL yesterday afternoon, no sign when I got there and despite a clear blue quite still afternoon, no Swifts or other hirundines either.

I was out at 06:00 this morning and straight to BSL, 9 Common Tern were flying around acting like Arctic's, one may have been a candidate coming out of winter plumage, but I couldn't convince myself it was. 6 left North and there was nothing else going on, so I did my circuit around the car park field and Bittern hide, just a Garden Warbler by John's bench was worth mentioning.

It was frosty first thing and cold when I walked around, so left 07:15, only to have Marek call at 07:40 saying 8 Little Gull just dropped in at BSL, I jumped in the car, but they left North after just 2 minutes. The park is on 111, with 4 more expected migrants awaited.

Always worth visiting BSL several times a day at this time a year, just in case these Terns and Gulls are passing thru, they often are.

No comments:

Post a Comment