Friday 3 April 2015

Dull as it gets until today

I even got out at 09:40 on the 1st April, no joking, but it was still very quiet, yes the Green Sandpiper was about, the Nuthatch were well underway with finishing up the entrance hole by the Sandford Mill's land, 2 Oystercatcher around, 2-3 Cetti's calling, plenty of Chiffchaff and one Blackcap near the yellow metal gate, but that was it for me.

So full of high hopes out I went at 07:40, quick drop in at Bittern Hide, 17 Shoveler + 4 more on Sandford was nice, one Little Egret over, 4-5 new Blackcap in shows some new passage.

At LFGP, finally 2 Wigeon appeared, 6+ Snipe, 1 adult Common Gull, 3 Lapwing and basically nothing else. Pitiful I said to Brian, then same to Marek near to Teal Scrape. Then Steve texted to say Brambling at Bittern feeders and off we went, before we got there Marek and I heard a Willow Warbler, but kept on for the Brambling, which was a nice male.

I went looking for the Willow Warbler, outside the hide, but got onto 2 Swallow with Brian instead, never did find the Willow Warbler, but came away with 3 year ticks in under 10 minutes, 91 out of 94 for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment