Saturday 11 April 2015

Change in the weather

I was out by 06:00 at LFGP, but not much happened really, 1 LRP, 1 Green Sandpiper, but 4 Oystercatcher were having a good squabble on the island.




I waited a while longer and 1 Cuckoo went right to left calling, I heard another to the right after that and again at Lavell's later. No sign of Reed Warbler calling on this cold, windy morning.

I had 3 Willow Warbler, 1 near the ditch by Teal, 1 by the lay-by, 1 by John's bench, Cetti's calling of course. At BSL I immediately saw a male Shelduck coming in from the East, kept going sort of West, but could have gone on to LFGP?

A loop round the car park was fruitless except the Little Owl peering out, Bittern Hide didn't have much to offer, 1 pair of Shoveler, 5 Snipe, but back in the car park again I picked up 5 Swallow and 2 House Martin, the Swallow number grew to 13 by the time I left at 09:00 and with 3 new year ticks, bringing me to 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment