Tuesday 7 April 2015

Fog again

I woke at 06:30 and saw the fog, but went out anyway after texting Marek. I went to the car park field and saw nothing. Same for BSL, the pair of Oycs were on the golf course as usual.

At Bittern Hide, nothing to really say either. Marek texted to say the fog was lifting and 3 LRP and 2 Redshank were just visible....I'll go back later for the LRP's to hopefully put me on 94 for the year.

I did go back out yesterday afternoon, an hour in the car park field provided a handful of Meadow Pipit over, a Raven low East and tons of Buzzard, Kite and 2 Sparrowhawk. I did also have distant views of two others raptors which might just have been Buzzard, but might not.

I also forgot to mention the 3 Pochard on BSL in the morning.

Brian's records of Mistle Thrush on the edge of the golf course are worth an extra look, as they might be breeding somewhere along there.

And on my return around 09:50 there were 2 Little-ringed Plover and 2 Green Sandpiper in the SW corner, looking very happy.




The second shot is a bit wonky as my adapter wasn't on straight!

Also on the wader front, 2 Redshank, 4-5 Snipe and 3 Lapwing.

No comments:

Post a Comment