Monday 4 February 2013

Yellow Legged Gull

My morning visit to LFGP was feeling a bit birdless when a large gull appeared without me seeing it fly in and was stood on the water covered shingle island, with legs therefore not showing and to make matters worse it was face on, but its folded wings looked a darker grey. After 20 minutes, I gave up waiting for it to turn and headed back down the path to try and photo it more side on, as luck would have it a Cormorant decided to compete for position and the gull won, enabling me to catch these shots.....I'd be the first to say the legs don't look that yellow in the photos, but they were. I believe the open wings tell us all we need to know either way.....or I am much worse than I thought at identifying Yellow Legged Gull, comments welcome....Adam, PBT, or anyone else who wants to chip in;





No comments:

Post a Comment