Saturday 2 February 2013

Bright but quiet

The Nuthatch was singing close to Sandford Mill again, this time I picked it up left of the big Yew, then it flew to one of the large Limes, where I lost it, just a few short song notes were heard after. Two if us thought we heard Coal Tit rather distantly too, several Redwing were present, Great Spotted Woodpeckers out in force drumming in various locations.
Sadly the water has remained pretty high, whilst everywhere was accessible, it was all hard work in the deep mud, so after dropping sacks of bird food at Bittern, there wasn't much time for anything else until dusk.
My dusk visit produced very poor views of Bittern at WSL, but Goldeneye numbered at least 20, 7 males + 9 females BSL, 2 males + 2 females Sandford, I suspect I missed several more females by not viewing BSL's South bay, so hope to do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment