Thursday 7 February 2013

Quiet spell continues

It often happens that after a cold spell, many birds vanish and it all seems quiet, but it isn't quiet when you listen to how many birds are singing. Woodpeckers are drumming like crazy, I had 3 Bullfinches near John's bench yesterday all very vocal, tits are singing like mad, grebes displaying, Teal, Gadwall.... a lot.
Today I was out throwing seed along Sandford's backwater, the Chiffchaff was calling loudly there too.
At WSL Little Grebe was hiding in the edge of the reeds, 11 Goldeneye were on BSL, I suspect more out of my view tucked in South Bay. A lone juvenile Herring Gull made me check twice, but it was just a Herring.
Tonight one Bittern showed at WSL as the rain began to fall steadily a Little Egret over high North a little before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment