Saturday 23 February 2013

Mid morning Med

Marek texted earlier with news of 27 Golden Plover over LFGP landfill, but I wasn't ready to go for nearly another hour, when I did arrive at the layby I parked by his car, but immediately got a call from him asking if I got his message and replied saying yes and was heading up to LFGP to look for the Golden Plover, to which he said "no the other message about the Mediterranean Gull, a first winter on BSL and I am watching it now"....."I'll be there in 60 seconds I said". Luckily it was still present, but left to the East after 2 minutes, but I expect it stayed local.
Snow flurries continued as I spent an hour at LFGP, checking all the big gulls, then everything went up and the 27 Golden Plover appeared from behind the ridge of the far landfill cell, which shot off South. The Lapwing flock has swollen to around 700+ and the usual 145 Wigeon, c40 Teal, all around the Eastern lake edge.

1 comment:

  1. Had an adult Med at Henley Road this evening which could be the earlier DP one. Also, a drake Scaup plus the R-B Merg and 3 Goosander. So near, yet so far!

    ReplyDelete