Wednesday 13 February 2013

Jack Snipe re-appears

Against the backdrop of a very flooded scrape, Daniel re-found what I am going to say was the same Jack Snipe I was pretty sure about from the 9th, so nice of it to show up again. I had little doubt a Common Snipe would do as much bobbing as I witnessed on the 9th and have no guilt in retrospective year ticking it.
Sadly the bird never showed again despite 4 of us waiting until dusk for a view and neither did the 2 Water Rail we heard calling either. A male Goldeneye flew over towards LFGP and a Little Egret headed norht just before 17:00, these and 3 Starlings coming to roost, were our only rewards.
Also seen today, were Lesser Spotted Woodpecker in the trees above the feeders and an adult winter Mediterranean Gull at LFGP, all found by Daniel, who as far as I'm aware only visits DP about twice a year, so well done to him for putting the park on 86 for the year, adding one for me, but still keeping me 3 off the pace....A good look tomorrow might change all that!?

1 comment: