Tuesday 27 June 2017

The lull

I was out at 06:20, straight to Lea Farm GP as usual, I could hear 2 Oycs, but only one was there when I got in the hide. 2 LRP, but little else. So I took a shot of the SW corner before we get the rain in case it gets flooded and we can't remember what it looks like with lovely shallow water and muddy fringes.



Doing my loop, it was quiet really, 20+ Swift over BSL.

Mid morning and Steve WhatsApp's saying Med back at Tern scrape. Here it is





Discussions around it's age point to a 1st summer bird due to the black in the primaries, but such a developed head keeps things interesting.

What I hadn't known was someone had 2 Meds yesterday evening, no age details given, but certainly this bird is the third individual in June, which is quite something considering we've never had a June record until this year.

2 comments: