Friday 8 April 2016

Migrants sneaking in

Wednesday's early morning has been followed by nothing on my part, late nights have left me too tired to venture out, but I'm not convinced stuff isn't going thru. Outside the patch Ring Ouzel's and Kittiwake's and grebes have been seen in various places.

So it was no surprise when my friend Rik saw a very early Whitethroat today, luckily I had a chance to go and chase it and sure enough a female was jumping around the Ash trees behind the Blackthorn on the right as you approach the Nightingale BSL/WSL hedgerow, coming from Middle Marsh end.

I'm sure it is the earliest I have ever seen at DP, only the 7th of 1991 beats it.

I did check Sandford both outbound and back, learning afterwards Linda had seen LRP there earlier, it was comforting to see the pair Oystercatcher on the biggest island, as were the Mute Swans.

I shall be out early'ish tomorrow in search of Sedge, or Reed Warbler, Cuckoo, LRP and anything else that might fly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment