Monday 25 April 2016

false rumours

I have been told recently that some people had this crazy notion that I was withdrawing my Alpine Swift record of 15th October 2014.

So let me state for the record that there is no chance of that happening, because 'The' and 'My' DP lists and the truthful facts are all that matters to me.

In general I don't even write descriptions, but once in a while I will, call it an effort to be polite and when the odd description get omitted, it's because I have a life outside birding and frankly it is the job of a rarities committee to show some manners and politely ask for one, not simply state the lame excuse of 'no description received'.

As the finder of 183 of the 197 species I have seen at DP, plus a couple of hundred in the Philippines, I know how to ID a fair few species and will not accept bullshit sweeping dismissive junk statements to tar my reputation, or credibility. Like many, I couldn't give two shits about what anyone believes I saw, whether they're on a rarities committee, or a mission from god.

Good birding folks

No comments:

Post a Comment