Monday 4 April 2016

Add one, miss one

Friday I was out near lunchtime, and seeing next to nothing, 3 Oystercatcher coming from Sandford was nice, but rather surprising to see them heading off way South, I think I had 1 Sand Martin that day.

Saturday was my son's Birthday and with a party too, no way I could justify being out, luckily no lifer, or rare year tick arrived.

Sunday I was going to be out earlier, but found myself much more wasted than imagined and only managed 07:00. With rain just finishing passing thru, was hopeful of excitement, no such luck, it was boarderline pitiful in fact, with just 2 Blackcap along the Loddon before the green bridge. 2 Shelduck over LFGP, and 1 Green Sandpiper, but as all of these were seen before I entered the hide, I kept thinking Wheatear, LRP, Yellow Wag, hirundines....nothing, just 1 Snipe, 1 Sand Martin and even the Oystercatcher landed in front of the hide after I left.

At the car park field, 2-3 more Blackcap, the walk to Bittern hide, 2-3 Willow Warbler.

But of course as the sun dried things out and it warmed up the inevitable happened, Marek found teh Wheatear I couldn't earlier and I was stuck away til late afternoon. I did return but it had long gone, my compensation was the first House Martin and a late Great Black-backed Gull East over the landfill, plus 4 Swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment