Wednesday 10 May 2017

Mega spring

I have continued my early mornings for quite some time now and those following my blog know this year has been a pretty good one for me.

Today didn't start so amazing, fog in fact, so I couldn't really see anything much. At least the Common Terns were enjoying the new raft nearly 20 all over it, happily squabbling away.

Now fast forward to 10:55 when Derek called to say he had a Cattle Egret at Twyford, but I was heading into my dentist appointment, so couldn't go. When I came out, it had flown off.

A few phone calls later and Adam was telling me Redstart and Whinchat were seen at Little Marlow today. So I thought I should check the car park field.

I had just parked and taken my phone out to find I'd left it on silent from seeing the dentist and just missed a call from Geoff. I called him back and he more or less shouted "I've got a Cattle Egret here at Lea Farm".

Wrestling with calls, WhatsApp messages and driving is near impossible, not much better while trying to run, but I got some messages out on arrival at Ron's hide and calls straight after. I got 2 half okay record shots of my 200th species for my patch...CATTLE EGRET...you beauty!



Sadly it got spooked by the Greylags and Canadas being spooked and off it went around Lodge Wood and gone.

So the big 200 is finally upon me when I suddenly remember we all need to drop Mealy Redpoll, surely not robbed? But lose one add one I got my Taiga Bean Goose 8th December 2010, so am officially on 200. By official I mean my official not Berkshire Rarity Committee, who.....well most of you know how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment