Friday 24 March 2017

Something's gonna happen

I was out early again this morning, after missing yesterday. Grey Wagtail calling near the Mill.

At Lea Farm and to my surprise 3 Goldeneye (1m,2f) were in the NW corner, a Little Grebe in NW corner, Redshank on East shore. No sign of the Med.

Two days ago I witnessed the Teal mating again, it would be amazing if they bred!

Lavell's, a lot less Shoveler than Wednesday's 58. 3-4 Blackcap singing despite the cold breeze.

I feel like something quite good is going to show up, might only be a Common Scoter, but can't stop myself thinking it's so long overdue we had a good pipit, Water has to be possible and if it happens it's likely it will only be early morning, so if it's tomorrow it will just be John and I.

7 days left to find the first Brambling, LRP, Ringed Plover, Wheatear, Willow Warbler and Swallow,

Post Script: Isn't she a beauty, female Garganey found by Steve Day, just after 13:00




No comments:

Post a Comment