Tuesday 21 March 2017

back and closing in

Sunday I was out again, 4 Sand Martin, a distant Ring-necked Parakeet, the Jack Snipe were about all the highlights on a seemingly much quieter day. A handful of Redwing off West was it.

Today I was back from a trip North and it was pretty cold again, with colder and windier weather still to come over the next day or so.

2 Little Egret at LFGP, then flew toward DP, a Green Sandpiper in the mouth of the SE bay, diminishing numbers of Teal and Wigeon. The sun was already up despite my arrival at the hide at 06:20, so seeing anything in the NE corner was hard.

I walked fast up to Bittern hide, counting 52 Shoveler, nothing on or over the landfill. BSL nothing much either 2 Pied Wagtail would have pleased John.

On my last 100+ metres to the car, I could hear a Blackcap singing near the yellow gate in to Lavell's, so am now 2 off 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment