Thursday 9 March 2017

Off patch

06:40 and I was at Bittern hide counting 57 Snipe, just a few Teal left. 23 finch sp went over WNW, but as before not enough on them to clinch ID.

I went over to Dunt Lane today, around lunchtime scanning the field East of the old golf course, I was surprised how little activity there was. A few Pied Wagtails was about it, one candidate White though.

On the flooded areas of the fields to the North, were plenty of Greylag's and Egyptian Geese and it looks fab for Water Pipit, but nothing doing.

At the Lavell's car park field, overlooking the landfill lots of larger raptor activity, I got onto a Kestrel up high. A Peacock Butterfly was my first this year and a Brimstone near my local GP was sign that the sweltering 18 degrees was good for all manner of insects today.

No comments:

Post a Comment