Monday 6 March 2017

At last a year tick

Sunday I managed to get out around 08:00 despite the rain, I did at least dodge the heavy stuff 30-45 minutes before.

Very little happening at LFGP, so as things brightened up John and I headed back along the Loddon and after a moment heard the distinct call of Coal Tit

Time pressures meant nothing else really happened.

This morning I managed an 06:15 start, which I began at BSL sailing club and 19 Pochard and an Oystercatcher was about it, so headed for views over the West side, but failing to see the Brent Goose, I marched on to Heron's Water and am fairly sure the Ferruginous has left, as this is the third absence of the bird in recent days.

John saw 2 Bittern on Sunday morning, I saw none.

Completing a loop back at the car park field and a 5 minute look over the landfill, I added nothing.

If anyone wants to inform me they have had Mistle Thrush, Grey Wagtail, Jaack Snipe or Goldeneye in March, do let me know for the month list.

No comments:

Post a Comment