Friday 14 October 2016

Get in

After a fairly quiet car park field/landfill watch of just 2 Swallow, 5 Meadow Pipit, 8+ Skylark, 5 Redwing, 2-3 Reed Bunting, it was time to go and my car troubles meant Alan needed to help me jump start it again.

We stood while it ran for a minute and I binned a Red Kite going right, then another raptor over Sandford Lane, now hovering. It looked a bit large so pulled out my scope from the boot again, quickly squatting down to see through it without legs extended and as soon as I focused shouted "it's an Osprey". Alan reeled off some photos, but I couldn't get my iPhone onto it before it went right behind those pesky Poplars at this end and it never reappeared.

Only my third ever Osprey, this is the latest and I have seen all three from the car park!

Alan's shots, which I've cropped








I had only been saying to John 15-20 minutes before I didn't want anymore raptors I couldn't identify with certainty. Sadly John left barely a minute before, sorry John.

No comments:

Post a Comment