Thursday 6 October 2016

Another milestone

It was pretty much dead quiet yesterday and having missed the last 2 morning early starts, it was nice to be out again this morning. At the layby at 06:32, it was still rather dark and I began thinking "I might even hear that year tick yet" and just 7 minutes later there it was 'hoo-hooting' away....Tawny Owl, my 133rd for 2016 and equal fourth highest year total.

At Lea Farm, lots of geese, 68 Greylag, 44 Egyptian, but the only waders were Lapwing....on that note I was scanning Lapwing yesterday and something small shot by in my scope which I thought was a wader and I may have heard a Dunlin, but it was blowing a gale and I couldn't find any sign at all....it could have been a Snipe I guess.

Nothing else happening at Lea Farm, but then a Peregrine came over from DP at 07:07, I pointed my bridge camera at it and got nothing at all, it was still too dark and grey.

Now I'm off to look for something exciting, surely those strong Easterlies have brought a nice bird in? Wouldn't a Barred or another Yellow-Browed Warbler be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment