Tuesday 23 April 2013

New year ticks

A walk today, well more of dog poo bag clearance on my part all the way from Sandford to the fisherman's car park was rather pleasant on the birds front. Nightingales in full song, showing fairly well, all manners of warblers in full song, but no sign of Lesser Whitethroat, or Reed Warbler, the latter reported 2 days ago at WSL, was the report genuine? I don't know.
On the return walk 2-3 Hobby were over the viewpoint, Steve reporting 4 a little later.
I left feeling very good about myself for clearing up, I felt I had done my bit to discourage others repeating the behaviour...we'll see.
Steve had Cuckoo at Sandford so I should have felt gripped off, but didn't due to a find which may be revealed in due course, depending on if it stays, circumstances and if people behave when news does go out.
So the park is 119 for the year (= 4th highest with 2006) the month is 105 second highest ever (109 in 2003). Good stuff with Lesser Whitethroat and Swift both guaranteed. I'm on 114, which is allegedly 1 more than the total species count for all of 2001, but I doubt that can be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment