Thursday 18 April 2013

Hail and rain brings jewels

Yesterday I got up at 06:30 and saw a Common Sandpiper at BSL, 2 were reported at LFGP later, 1 of which I saw very late afternoon. This marked 107 for my year list.

Today Geoff's text saying he had Arctic Tern at Henley Road GP, was all I needed to get me out in a hurry, arriving at BSL 13:45, it began chucking it down with rain, blowing a howling gale, turning quickly to hail and thunder, but undeterred I used the Segway charging point as my protection and peered out, immediatley finding a 1st winter Little Gull on the East side and shortly after 2 Arctic Tern cruising the West side, but were barely visible in the conditions.

After 30-40 mins the rain passed and the Little Gull came to the East side and allowed a few photos, as did 2 White Wagtail, which landed briefly on the pontoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment