Sunday 7 April 2013

Missing stuff

As I have rejoined the real world of working proper hours and had many social events, not least my son's 1st birthday and birthday party yesterday, I have missed numerous birds and who knows what else has gone thru in my absence? A brief dusk visit on the 2nd April, to try and get an April Woodock failed, but Oystercatcher were calling loudly and a duck that went past may have been Mandarin?
So Brambling dropped in on 2 days, but evaded my brief efforts, thrice today, but no sign, first visiting 08:00 this morning, but only 3 Lesser Redpoll were the highlights. Again just before the work party and again 17:15, but no joy, although I feel there is still time.
1-2 Sand Martin have been seen in last 3 days, Coal Tit and Nuthatch yesterday, plus late Water Rail.
Also today a so called mystery wader was seen flying around LFGP as we arrived for the work party and I await distant pics for clues, I expect it to be a Dunlin, but who knows eh?
2 Snipe did leave the lake edge as we arrived, 100+ Wigeon and over near the landfill entrance gate 40+ Redwing and a few Fieldfare linger. Later tonight I heard of reports of a late Bittern flying over yesterday.
The park is on 101, I remain on 98

1 comment:

  1. On the plus point I see your prediction of Garganey on 29th March was spot on!

    ReplyDelete