Friday 12 April 2013

100 for the year

Thursday morning I enjoyed Redwing singing, 5+ Chiffchaff, still 30 Wigeon LFGP, 20 Teal, but the gull I photo'd the other day showed again and revealed inner primaries that made it a Herring. On the walk back past the Mill a Nuthatch sang briefly and headed off into the copse.


















Later on Steve called to say a chap he'd passed said there was an Arctic Tern on BSL, I was tied up but expressed my doubts of it being Arctic for the time of year. Somewhat later I got brief views of the Common Tern on Sandford but it was very mobile, but nonetheless was my 100th species for 2013 here. I also admired the Oystercatchers prospecting the islands, despite the water rising again undermining nesting potential, one hopes the chose the newly exposed higher island.


No comments:

Post a Comment