Friday 18 January 2013

Waders at LFGP

I visited LFGP last night and could barely see a flock of about 40 Golden Plover, so I ran in this morning as the snow was starting, to see the flock circling low and dropping out of sight into the longer grass of the nearby landfill cell. Despite scoping for several minutes, I could not see them.
I quickly scanned the lake edge and could just make out 2 Dunlin in with the Lapwing, but suddenly they all flew to the South, then circled back a few moments later, by which time it was snowing so hard, I couldn't really see much, but the Dunlin could still bewith them?

LFGP 18th Jan As snow was setting in
2 wader year ticks at LFGP this week should encourage any patcher to check their wetland sites out and I remain optimistic we will get a Curlew, or maybe a Ruff like Eton had this week and intend to keep my dusk visits going to try and connect with Woodcock.

No comments:

Post a Comment