Wednesday 23 January 2013

Coal Tit then 2 Dunlin again

Just as I passed alongside Teal Hide I heard a Coal Tit, which kindly showed in the Blackthorn above my head immediately, then flew across the Loddon to the Christmas trees and away, so well chuffed to get to 80 for the year so soon and being on par with the park felt great too. But then Richard runied it by telling me he'd had Lesser Spotted Woodpecker near Sandford Mill!
Now, I know I'm repeating myself, but normally Dunlin don't stick around and yet this morning we found 2, 1 on the lake edge, the other up on the near landfill's snow covered summit, both in company with Snipe. notable that the lake edge bird is very buff, but the further bird is white and grey kind of captured in my hillarious pictures;

Buffy Dunlin

Further away Dunlin
































Still 30-40 Snipe present and one distant Golden Plover, probably the same one I photo'd before with a huge super, but way too distant to see anything on it

No comments:

Post a Comment