Saturday 19 January 2013

Luck with WSL Goosander

Having left for lunch with family, when Steve texted about the WSL male Goosander, I was frustrated. The family soon heard my feelings and told me to dash off between main and dessert and when I did only to find the fisherman's car park gate locked added annoyance and extra time.
I parked at main car park and ran/fast walked to WSL, South end, but no sign, I continued up the inside edge, viewing at the bend, still no sign. I walked to a fishing swim where I could view the whole North section, but no sign.
I called Trev to see if he was on site, he wasn't and couldn't get there and as I was saying I only had another 90 seconds then had to leave, when the male Goosander flew left to right about 1 foot above the water, then gaining height at the far end and then up and away, losing it behind trees it is possible it could have gone to BSL, but I had no time to check and left right then at 14:24, feeling very lucky indeed.

Am grateful to Steve Day for allowing me to use his picture, how fine are male Goosander?!


No comments:

Post a Comment