Monday 29 October 2012

Woodlark

I guess about the last thing I expected to add to my year list was a DP lifer, but there it was DP's first ever real Woodlark 08:48 over West, sadly without calling, but the tell tell short squarish tail and short undulating flight said it all. 137 fo me, 142 for DP year list, 193 life for me, 215 for DP.

I say 'real' because I was there on 17th April 1982 when Alan Robiette told the bird walk group that the singing lark over the golf course was a Woodlark, "because they circle as they rise which Sklark never do".....complete twoddle it was a Skylark and I wonder to this day if he knows what one looks, or sounds like.

Further movement of c60 Chaffinch in 3 groups of 20+ headed West. 3-4 Lesser Redpoll evaded attack from a male Sparrowhawk, just a few Redwing, Siskin and 2 Meadow Pipit over North.

No comments:

Post a Comment