Sunday 7 October 2012

Little Owl

On an attempt to see if a Bittern was gracing Lavell's reed beds tonight, I had just heard a Water Rail squeeling at 18:45 in the flooded scrape and decided that would do. As I walked to the end of the screening I suddenly heard the familiar Little Owl call and it wasn't far away, somewhere beyond the Emm Brook probably not as far as Lea Farm, but in that direction. I thought I'd have to make a special effort and trapse the gold course in pitch black one night soon, so am over the moon to secure my 135th species for the year, 1 to go to equal my all time list of 136 set in 2010. So many things to hope for before we leave for a months holiday in November and when we get back I'll only have 3 weeks of the year left to add another.

No comments:

Post a Comment