Thursday 18 October 2012

Morning of maybe's

Usual sailing club start and 2 Grey Wagtail next to the sluice, 15 Pochard on BSL, then I heard a short call and looked up to see 2 larks high up, switching quickly to scope I barely got onto them as they went W/WNW, but could not rule out Woodlark...which would have been a first for the park.
In the car park field, a Chiffchaff called, then a Blackcap in subsong, 3-4 Reed Bunting were flying around Lea Farm buildings, then I heard a call behind me, which I thought was Yellowhammer and got onto a distant bunting moving quickly East, but couldn't see enough on it before it disappeared behind trees...another missed potential year tick.
Another Blackcap called, 1 Ring-necked Parakeet off over the landfill, 5-6 Meadow Pipit over the landfill, 2 Goldcrest, 6 Redwing and 2 Song Thrush.
Finding the Sandford path flooded I returned to the car park and went around BSL and wondered back on forth near Sandford hide for an hour, seeing 2 Goldcrest, a Treecreeper, a few tits, Siskin, Redwing and no calls like yesterdays persistent, thin high call. Perhaps it was just an odd Goldcrest call? I still think it was a Firecrest, but wellies will be required for another attempts for the next few days.

1 comment: