Thursday 6 April 2017

Mixed week

I've been out a few times this last week, Willow Warblers being seen by others from Friday, I caught up with mine on Saturday near the old Oak close to Teal hide. 6 Snipe still on LFGP that morning.

I was tied up and didn't get out again until Tuesday 4th April, picking up my first Swallow coming in over the gold course while chatting to Eddie. PBT had a Sedge call from the compound, which an early one by our standards...no sign since. I did get back later in the afternoon, but saw just 3 Swallow.

So that brings me to today, arriving just as the rising sun was hiding in a low cloud bank, then a Swallow over the landfill, 2 Willow Warbler on Sandford, Grey Wagtail heard nearby, 2 more Willow Warbler at BSl around the view point, tons of Blackcap and Chiffchaff everywhere, then a Mistle Thrush heading over low West, the first record in April I'm aware of.



 At the car park field landfill viewing spot, a Green Woodpecker offered a semi distant photo chance and 2 Oystercatcher were feeding happily nearby to the gap.





The wind has been a rather cool Northerly, but it is swinging around to the South any moment now, so I'm hoping for a big influx of migrants and passage bits n pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment