Saturday 14 January 2017

Parity

After a frustrating time trying to add year ticks, I still hadn't added anything this morning, sure I was happy to see Peregrine twice this morning, Kestrel again, Sparrowhawk again, but nothing else.

So I decided to head back tonight, at the car park field another Meadow Pipit flew over North calling, then I headed for the sailing club, hearing Grey Wagtail, then almost immediately a Chiffchaff toward Sandford, seeing 1 for sure, maybe a second in flight.

I looped to Bittern hide, chastising 2 guys with noisy dogs in the hide, then feeling lucky I headed back to overlook the landfill once more, but choosing to look from overlooking the balancing pool and immediately saw a Little Owl in the usual Oak tree hole.

It was time to head home, but I saw Jack and Julie at the roadside near Sandford Copse and pulled up for a quick chat, amazingly while we chatted a Tawny Owl flew over parallel with the river.

I'm not sure I've ever been level with the park on my year list, if so it will be short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment