Saturday 3 December 2016

Pushing for a good month

I was out around 08:10 on the way along the path I spooked 3 Little Grebe and they flew down river.

At Lea Farm G.P. 50-60 Redwing in groups of 10-15  were on the move North, 2 Mistle Thrush, 3 Fieldfare and then 10 Meadow Pipit on the far landfill, this is a good flock for December. All but the Redwing were month additions.

3-4 Parakeet landed high up on the East side, I couldn't find one Snipe though. As I exited the hide< i heard that call again, but seeing a Song Thrush flying away have to assume it was that!

Nowt doing at Lavell's, but checking the landfill from the car park field, 25+ Golden Plover were circling back and forth the usual air space.

Tonight I went to WSL and at 16:00 had about my worst views of Bittern ever, it never moved and stayed low.

Back at Lavell's by 16:20 and 100 Shoveler and 96 Teal were close to the hide, by 16:35 I heard 4 Snipe leave, but hadn't seen one when in the hide.

We are already on 79, just one behind 2014's total December species count, only 4 more to reach 83 and 3rd place = with 2009 and 2015. As far as I am aware we are missing Grey Wagtail, Kestrel, Coal Tit and Great Black-backed Gull, so it won't take much to get us even higher up the podium....86 is the record from 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment