Sunday 4 December 2016

Freeze continues

I only had time for a shorter loop around the sailing club and Lavell's this morning, 12 Common Gull with 1000+ BH's there, I checked for Med without success.

A Meadow Pipit on the wires of the car park field caught my attention, it dropped to the car park but then flew off South. A 10 minute look down the landfill, brought 3 Raven almost immediately, this time coming in from the NNE and flying straight down the East side of the landfill, before peeling off more Easterly beyond Lea Farm, The Little Owl was no doubt warming itself in the Oak left of Lea Farm.

At Bittern hide, much water was frozen and another 600-1000 BH Gulls were gathered, another 6 Common Gull and at least 8 large gulls too, one took my eye and here are the shots, none are great.

My thinking was 2nd winter Yellow-legged, as the tertials were not in keeping with a Herring of that age, but it doesn't look very dark grey, nor does it have a particularly big bill. I am out of practice with large gulls because we get so on the deck few these days.




No comments:

Post a Comment