Wednesday 9 March 2016

Slow start to month

I got an hour in 09:30 this morning, but had another look at the flooded field at the East end of Sandford Lane,  a lot less BH Gulls, 6 Greylag, 3 Egyptian, 10 Canada, 3 Mallard, one Pied Wag heard, but nothing else. It is perfect for pipits, namely Rock and Water, but it will need to stay as wet as it is now to pull one in...I'll keep looking.

At Lavell's I just did the car park field overlooking the landfill, plenty of Red Kite up, a Sparrowhawk, 10-20 Redwing in the field, with singing too.

I was following a Kite, when I picked up a flock of about 27 Golden Plover moving sort of East, the usual distance of about 3+ miles and quickly out of view beyond the green barn. A Great Black-backed Gull was nice too, as was the Skylark, all three being new for this slow starting month.

At 77 we are 8 off the bottom score for March 2003, 2007 & 2015, but there is lots to add yet, including Bittern, if someone other than me wants to get out and check before dusk this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment