Sunday 31 January 2016

Quick wet walk on the golf course

It's been very busy for me lately, but I finally got out after 09:30 today and decided to try for Lesser Redpoll. The drizzle was bearable and I headed up the West side, all the way to the metal food cabin, then continued around past the DP main centre and off to the East corner....nothing.

As I began the return on the East side, I picked up a Great Black-backed Gull going South, then a flock of Goldfinch caught my eye and landed in the Silver Birches to my left and I heard a Lesser Redpoll song, quickly picking up 4 females and a male.




A nice Fieldfare refused to move, so I had to take a snap of him/her too.


As with the start of the walk, I had to contend with dog walkers without their pets on leads, in just 45 minutes I saw over 10 dogs, not a single one on a lead. It put me in a bad mood so I marched on to the car park field, where a Nuthatch showed very closely, then Bullfinch. I did a quick scan of the landfill, checking the visible Lapwing just in case a Ruff was with them, but no luck. I suddenly realised I was starving so left immediately, my year list one more than when I arrived, on 83.

No comments:

Post a Comment