Sunday 8 March 2015

Update til Sunday 8th

I have been back on the patch for brief spells since my last post, but nothing much happened. A Cetti's called, Water Rail too, Kestrel about most days I go there. Still no Grey Wagtail for me though.

Today's bird walk was quiet, a quick walk around the car park field and the Little Owl showed for 5 seconds, Skylark dropped onto the landfill, Great Spotted Woodpecker showed well, 3 Oystercatcher we saw from Sandford hide, were heading to LFGP noisily, we were told. 2 more joined them for a few moments, before all left North.

The park's first confirmed Blackcap this year was along the backwater, not singing and thought to be a passing winter bird, still 87 for the park, 84 for me. 3 Goldeneye on Sandford, 37 Pochard still, A Coal Tit heard as we headed along the Loddon, 160+ Wigeon on LFGP, really was about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment