Saturday 21 March 2015

Cool but changing

I wasn't out but little to report yesterday, until I read in LFGP log that Common Sandpiper was reported. There are only 3-4 March records ever, so it shows that migration is happening and can throw up surprises at any time.

Today, I met Brian and Nick on arrival, Nick had a good start, Brambling at Bittern Hide feeders, a Mandarin flying up stream near the Mill, Brain went off to look for them, I headed for LFGP and saw a pair flying down stream, calling all the way.

Very quiet at LFGP, not even Common Gull, my last being 2/19th. 2 Fieldfare flew West over the very far landfill, heading back I picked up a male Peregrine heading NE towards LFGP. I counted 4 Chiffchaff in song between the lay-by and Ron's hide.

A quick check at Bittern Hide, Brian was still staking it out, but no sign of Brambling, 2 more Chiffchaff between the hide and car park field. In the car park field, I had 5 finch sp. probably just Chaffinch heading East, then I had a pipit sp. which I got onto after it gone over my head, it called quietly 2-3 times and being that it was always going away, I'll never be sure, but for me it had a Rock Pipit look about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment