Monday 11 November 2013

Patchwork update

My good friend AJ suggested I updated my patchwork list, so reluctantly I did. I say reluctantly as last years record breaking score makes my 'comparative year list' unbeatable, so I cannot reach 100% let alone pass it and knock Marek and Adam's London Minileagues scores of 103 & 104% out of the park.


http://patchworkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Despite this adding Yellow-browed Warbler and Whooper Swan at 3 points each is some compensation, perhaps they deserve to be 5 points each for finding them myself?!

I think I'll be lucky to add anything new for the year now, but I hope I'm wrong and we have the best late autumn and winter ever, bringing Hen Harrier, Hawfinch, Merlin, Red-necked and Black-necked Grebes, Scaup, White-fronted and Brent Geese, Red Crested Pochard, Great Northern Diver, Green-winged Teal, American Wigeon, Ring-necked and Ferruginous Ducks and Yellowhammer!

It's okay to dream!

Oh yes, the 1996 record of 4 Whooper Swan flying over was 31st December (AJ)

1 comment:

  1. Whooper Swan isn't rare enough to earn extra points for a find (one of the flaws in the competition in my opinion). YBW does earn extra points for a find but I guess it depends if it's the same one that Dave found. Even if it is I'd have thought the time lapse is sufficient for it to be a re-find. I count the Pec Sand at Crookham as a "find" as it hadn't been seen for 9 days! Maybe ask the guys in charge?

    ReplyDelete