Sunday 24 November 2013

Just a bit on the quiet side

I did get a couple of walks in recently, Friday to Bittern Hide, where 70 Teal was the highest count I've seen this autumn, just 1 Snipe visible. Saturday morning I did a circuit from Lavell's car park, sailing club, Sandford Hide, back round to Lavell's. Very little indeed, 2 Treecreeper with Long-tailed Tits, 2 Siskin over, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Little Grebe still at Teal end.



















With not much happening, I thought I'd look at my garden list for this year and it isn't bad at all, 64 compared to 62 last year, 51 the year before, but as we didn't move in until August 2011, also not too bad, with the total since 2011 being 72.

The slight annoyance is what is missing for 2013, Skylark, Kestrel, Lapwing, the latter has yet to fly over at all, which is hard to believe, as is Mute Swan, or Tufted Duck, but to me even Wigeon and Greylag should be achievable. Of course I'm not grumbling, 64 in, over, or heard in anyone's inland garden has to be good, but I did get 71 whilst at Dunbar Drive and 76 at Shackleton Way, both totals were over 2 years though.

No comments:

Post a Comment