Sunday 20 October 2013

Saturday & Sunday catch up

Another quite busy weekend, but managed to get in an hour very late morning Saturday, just car park field again, but added Mistle Thrush for the month, off North, then Coal Tit with the tit flock, plus a smattering of Chaffinch going WSW.

Today, I did an hour from 09:00 and could immediately see a good deal moving thru, c200 Redwing West, 11 Fieldfare SW over the landfill...the first here of the Autumn, 6+ Skylark on far landfill, 1-2 Meadow Pipit, small flocks of Chaffinch totalling around 60+ West, 30+ finch sp, very probably Linnet South, 7 more 20 minutes later. Starlings kept on heading SW and I wasn't even counting at first, but think easily 1000.

I accompanied Geoff to LFGP, about 25 Teal, 2 Pied Wagtail, 3 Red Kite, 2 Buzzard and a pipit somewhere to the SE called on two occasions, that had me thinking possible Rock, but despite several scans, could not find it....And no sign of Stonechat so far either.

Geoff gave me copies of his YBW picture, so I'll be scanning and uploading that tomorrow.

I think Dave Rimes took a couple of nice shots, posted on his blog (on the link below), the only comment I have is that with such a gap of 12 days, we cannot rule out this bird being a totally different individual.

 http://www.lookatthebirds.co.uk/blog/archive/2013/10/05/yellow-browed_warbler_in_berkshire.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment