Tuesday 8 October 2013

Last day of warm weather?

I took a stroll around the car park field 09:45 in the warm sunshine, probably the last warm day this year? A Skylark went South, the first Autumn Siskin East as soon as I arrived. Another Skylark went NW 30 mins later, 7 Meadow Pipit + 2+3 more South, 8 Linnet South, several Goldfinch, 2-3 Song Thrush, 2-3 Chiffchaff and probable Blackcap called briefly.

I scanned BSL very briefly, picking up 7 Swallow moving SE, staying low in the increasing breeze, back at my car I scanned one last time, picking up Buzzard going in various directions, but then an almost totally white bird underneath, with white upper tail coverts, totally grey head and upper wing coverts, scoping it, it was clear it was just a Buzzard, but it got me going for a few seconds.

76 species for the month so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment