Wednesday 9 October 2013

Late Wheatear

Stuck on the phone late morning Steve texted saying Wheatear LFGP, finally I got out for a 10 minute look before the nursery run, Wheatear still showing to right of shingle island as described by Steve, but I soon lost it behind foliage. This was my latest by 5 days, the latest birds being 15th 1982 (OU - Observer Unknown) and 12th 2011 (RNM). From my perspective if we don't know who the observer is, it cannot be verified. There is another 18th 2011, but I don't believe that either and as it's my blog I can say what I like!






















Scanning I picked up 8 Meadow Pipit, several more 'small bird sp' flying South, then a tight flock of about 17 Redwing heading SW.

Then I picked up a Peregrine circling at 250-300ft, just East of the landfill, I watched it for my last 3 minutes to check it wasn't my latest Hobby. Though just my fourth this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment