Tuesday 10 September 2013

Monday, Tuesday

I finally got an hour in near dinner time, arriving in the car park 18:10 and the Redstart was showing well in the sun, after raining on and off all day. Suddenly I heard Little Owl at the bottom of the field, but could not find it. At the balancing pool a Cetti's called, then I got my bins on it at the base of the Phragmites, just briefly of course.

Back at the car park, a Hobby went over low NE. A brief look at Bittern Hide produced nothing really, but the mud still looks good for a rail, or crake any day.

Tuesday morning 09:10, the Redstart was present again forhis 13th day, showing well again





















A few Blackcaps fed in the Elder, 1-2 Chiffchaffs, Nuthatch calling nearby, 50-100 House Martin mostly over the landfill.

As I was about to get in my car 3 Meadow Pipit went over SE, quite low and giving just a couple of calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment