Monday 30 September 2013

Crazy busy off patch

I did manage the odd 30 mins around Lavell's over the weekend, but too little time meant despite an attempt to look through the tit flocks, no Yellow-browed Warbler was found...... With hundreds in the UK, one must have passed thru somewhere in Berkshire. I did see 5-6 Chiffchaff and 1-2 Blackcap, but nothing else.

Today, I spent 30 minutes in the car park field and had 2 Yellow Wagtail over around 09:45, but I ended up chatting about Philippines birding to one of 2 guys I met in the field, he was heading back to complete his final year's PHd there and I am seriously jealous and can't wait to go back, hopefully next Christmas.

They had also seen Water Rail at Teal Hide, whilst doing the rounds for Yellow-browed, Redwing,, or Siskins, but none showed, we did have 2 Song Thrush, so perhaps some Redwing will pass by tomorrow?

Brian did text on Friday or Saturday saying Coal Tit could be added to the month list, so we finished on 93, better than the 90 in 2009 at least, 2 behind 08 and 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment