Monday 18 February 2019

Love...Love....Love

I didn't need to convince myself of what I saw yesterday morning, I'd said it all in my previous post, but when Geoff called to say RB Merg back at Lea Farm, I couldn't help dashing back to try for a record shot.

This time the little beauty again brought his female companion - a Goosander and a male Goosander too, but clearly felt she was his.

Here are the best of my record shots as they happened.







When they all left at 12:02, they went over towards DP, but as I'd expected they came back moments later, veered over of Lodge Wood and looked to be heading and dropping towards Hurst Green pit, Andy T proved my theory correct and I heard many Berks birders got to enjoy it/them and maybe a few learned a little about identifying female Goosander!

No comments:

Post a Comment